ESET Won't activate after reinstall

user209

Im running Debian Unstable and had ESET antivirus working seamlessly (using the .deb package meant for Ubuntu). I know it isn't officially supported but I wanted to report the issue anyway to give ESET the chance see what went wrong anyways.

I had eea-8.1.3.0 working properly as well as the management agent for ESET Protect. All was well but I got some updates which caused EEA to be uninstalled (changing of linux-headers to a newer version I think). At the time I noticed 8.1.4 had come out, so I went to install it. It installs fine and all the processes start up properly and are running, and the product shows up in ESET, but when I try to activate the product either manually, offline, or via an ESET protect task, it tries to complete and just throws.

licensed[4470]: ESET Endpoint Antivirus Error: Activation was not successful: An internal error occurred during the activation process.

I ran the log collector and want to submit them, but I don't know to to securely upload them since the .tar.gz appears to have copies of my /var/log/messages and /var/log/syslog. How can I securely upload the logs if ESET is willing to take a look. Or does anyone know a solution to this issue, or which log I can analyze myself to try to find the error. Please note I do have SELinux enabled but this occurs even when SELinux is shut off for the entire duration of the install / activation process.

Thanks

• Administrators

I am very sorry but technical support is provided only in case of installation on supported versions of the OS:

https://help.eset.com/eeau/8/en-US/?system_requirements.html

• Ubuntu Desktop 18.04 LTS 64-bit
  • Ubuntu Desktop 20.04 LTS
  • Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, 8 with supported desktop environment installed.
  • SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 15