How to reduce ESET Endpoint Antivirus CPU priority on Windows 10 through ESMC

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hello,

I am currently managing ESET Endpoint Antivirus Ver. 7.3 on Windows 10 PCs through the ESMC Ver. 7.2.1278.0.

I have had a couple of users complain that when doing a scheduled task that updates their endpoint antivirus through ESMC, they experience issues where ESET maxes our their CPU and/or HDD. While I feel that some of this could be caused by too many processes running at once on their computer, I was wondering if there was a way to reduce the priority that ESET has on the system so that it runs the update slower but does not impact their work.

All of the information that is needed is listed below, please let me know any other questions you may have.

ESET Endpoint Antivirus Version: 7.3 (7.3 versions may vary)

ESET Management Agent: 7.2.1266.0

ESET Security Management Center Version: 7.2.1278.0

• Administrators
  • Solution

CPU utilization is controlled by the operating system itself, there are no settings that could influence it except startup scan tasks and on-demand scans run in the background. Update should normally take only a few seconds and should not have noticeable impact on multi-core CPU systems where not all CPU cores are being heavily utilized.

Thank you for the prompt response. I will investigate further into why these computers are having issues when the update task is run.