Notifications for malware detected but not cleaned?

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

We've recently enabled email notifications but the volume of alerts we are getting is way too much and it's for items that ESET is quarantining which makes it not a threat. Is there a way to only receive and email alert for and items detected buy not cleaned?

The one below I'm pointing to seems to be about detections found but not cleaned only during a scan but what if someone downloads somethings malicious and it's found but can't be cleaned which would be outside of a detection window.

2020-10-26_11-32-27.thumb.jpg.0cce794012a039509061d5d14eff3c2d.jpg

• Administrators

Since you don't want to be notified of threats that were 100% cleaned, I assume the following notifications are those you would like to get:

image.png

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

Since you don't want to be notified of threats that were 100% cleaned, I assume the following notifications are those you would like to get:

image.png

But the first option in your pic is for items detected during computer scans by ESET but 90% of mine are from real-time detection so I'm not sure if that would apply.

Thanks for the tip! I'm going to try that today and disable the other one but the only thing I'm concerned about is how can I test it? Is there something like eicar I can use that ESET would detect but not be able to clean?

• Administrators

I assume it should be possible to test it by changing the real-time protection cleaning level to "Always ask user" and selecting No action when eicar is detected.

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

I assume it should be possible to test it by changing the real-time protection cleaning level to "Always ask user" and selecting No action when eicar is detected.

Thanks! it seems to be working. I'll monitor it over the next few days but looks like I'm in the right direction.