Server Not Found

ba2001

Hi!
Please allow me to say sorry first, my English is not good, so the following message is translated using Google, there may be some grammatical problems.
The original computer is equipped with EAV (11.x) and COMODO firewall, both can work normally
But since upgrading to EAV (13.x), I will encounter the "server not found" problem every time I boot up, and I can only use the repair function of EAV to fix it every time
, As long as the repair is completed, EAV can be updated normally before the next boot.
To try the following fix
1. Remove COMODO -> still unable to update
2. Refill EAV (using default installation) -> This boot is valid, but the next boot still shows that it cannot be updated
3.ping eset.com and update.eset.com, both of which can get IP

I have inquired with local agents, and their handling is invalid, every time...

Please help me, thanks!

A001.png

A002.png

A003.png

eav_logs.zip ekrn_20200830_130606.etl

• Most Valued Members

ESET has it's own firewall , You can switch to Internet Security and benefit from ESET firewall or you could use Windows Firewall along ESET , but I wonder if that was only a firewall , I wonder why it's conflicting with ESET , but could be Comodo is blocking ESET attempts to connect to Livegrid and Update servers.

Also it is bad to have 2 active real-time scanners because they will conflict

3 hours ago, Nightowl said:

ESET has it's own firewall , You can switch to Internet Security and benefit from ESET firewall or you could use Windows Firewall along ESET , but I wonder if that was only a firewall , I wonder why it's conflicting with ESET , but could be Comodo is blocking ESET attempts to connect to Livegrid and Update servers.

Also it is bad to have 2 active real-time scanners because they will conflict

Thanks for your response!
I have multiple computers that use COMODO firewall + EAV, no problem
Of course, when the EAV authorization expires, it will be replaced with EIS;

I also tried to remove COMODO and Install EAV again, but after restarting the computer, it still shows that the server cannot be found.

COMODO is only responsible for the firewall, and the anti-virus function is disabled

• Most Valued Members

I have never used Comodo , but if it was to blame it should have somewhere logged the blocked attempts and then maybe you can open the blocked ports , but it's weird since it's working for other PCs and for this one isn't.

I believe you need to head for Comodo forum , because ESET isn't responsible for that.

Since you uninstalled Comodo and the EAV issue in regards to connection to its LiveGrid servers still exists, the problem lies somewhere in your network connection processing to Eset's LiveGrid servers. There is no difference in how this done in ver. 13 than in earlier Eset versions that I am aware of.

You might want to try uninstalling Eset using its stand-alone uninstaller: https://support.eset.com/en/kb2289-uninstall-eset-manually-using-the-eset-uninstaller-tool in Win Safe mode. Then download and install the latest NOD32 version and see if this resolves the issue. 

Edited by itman

15 hours ago, Nightowl said:

I have never used Comodo , but if it was to blame it should have somewhere logged the blocked attempts and then maybe you can open the blocked ports , but it's weird since it's working for other PCs and for this one isn't.

I believe you need to head for Comodo forum , because ESET isn't responsible for that.

I have tried to work with only EAV installed, but the reboot problem will reappear; currently the computer only has EAV installed

If it is locked by a firewall, it will not be unlocked because of the use of EAV repair

13 hours ago, itman said:

Since you uninstalled Comodo and the EAV issue in regards to connection to its LiveGrid servers still exists, the problem lies somewhere in your network connection processing to Eset's LiveGrid servers. There is no difference in how this done in ver. 13 than in earlier Eset versions that I am aware of.

You might want to try uninstalling Eset using its stand-alone uninstaller: https://support.eset.com/en/kb2289-uninstall-eset-manually-using-the-eset-uninstaller-tool in Win Safe mode. Then download and install the latest NOD32 version and see if this resolves the issue. 

I have used the official removal tool in safe mode to remove all ESET software, and installed the latest version after restarting. The update can be normal after this boot, but the server cannot be found when the system is restarted

Thank you for your valuable suggestions

8 hours ago, ba2001 said:

The update can be normal after this boot, but the server cannot be found when the system is restarted

Do you have any other Internet connectivity issues after a system restart?

This really sounds to me like an issue with your existing network settings. You notice the issue immediately after restart since Eset is the first app to warn about a connectivity issue.

Also are you using a proxy server?

12 hours ago, itman said:

Do you have any other Internet connectivity issues after a system restart?

This really sounds to me like an issue with your existing network settings. You notice the issue immediately after restart since Eset is the first app to warn about a connectivity issue.

Also are you using a proxy server?

I am not using any proxy server ,

The network function is normal after restart , I will try to restart ESET core services next time to see if the problem can be solved

12 hours ago, ba2001 said:

I will try to restart ESET core services next time to see if the problem can be solved

Eset only employs one Win service as far as NOD32 is concerned. One for ekrn.exe. Obviously if this service is disabled, NOD32 wouldn't be running in the first place.