ESET edevmon.exe BSOD 0x0000428

When I started the pc this morning, I received a BSOD - edevmon.sys with error code 0x0000428

When I start the computer in different safe modes I always get the same edevmon.sys driver error

BSOD.jpg

• Administrators

If you boot from a live boot medium, e.g. ESET SysRescue USB, does the file c:\windows\system32\drivers\edevmon.sys actually exist?

Stop error 0xc0000428 is related to Win BOOTMGR corruption. Can be fix manually using Fix #2 in this article: https://neosmart.net/wiki/0xc0000428/ .

The question for Eset to explore is why edevmon.sys is causing it. This also might be related to recent Win 10 updates that have been causing blue screens on select devices.

-EDIT-

I would try the below first to see if this will allow you to boot successfully into Win 10. If this succeeds and the same blue screen occurs the next time you boot, repeat the procedure and uninstall Eset until the issue is resolved:

3] Temporarily disable Driver Signature Enforcement

Since the issue is with the Driver Signature, we could disable it temporarily and isolate the cause. The steps would be as follows for Windows 7:

1. In the recovery or boot options screen, click on the option Troubleshoot.
  2. In the Troubleshoot menu, select the option Advanced Options.
  3. Click on Startup Settings.
  4. Click on the option Disable Driver Signature Enforcement.

Windows 10 or Windows 8.1 users can access the Command Prompt easily via Advanced Startup Options.

ngcb45

If this works, and the system reboots successfully, Run DISM to repair your system image.

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/digital-signature-for-this-file-couldnt-be-verified-0xc0000428

Edited by itman