Will Nod32 HIPS combined with Comodo Defense+ Cause Problems?

naota

Actually, I've been using this combo for at least a year and I've had no problems as far as I can see. I read a lot of articles and forum posts that you should not use more than one HIPS as they can conflict. When it's advised to turn one off, people always recommend to turn off Nod32 though because it's described as not being as good as Comodo's.

I have Nod32 on deafult settings for HIPS (Automatic) and Defense+ with Comodo is set to Safe Mode (nag mode).

Do you think it's ok to continue running both these HIPS at the same time or should I disable one?

Hello and welcome naota!  :)

From my point of view, I would say that if you have used that combo for so long already, and you have not had any issues that you think could be connected to the HIPS fighting each other or similar. Then I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to continue to use it, at least until you feel that one of them are causing problems, but that might never happen considering you have used that combo for so long and it seems to work good.

When either Comodo or ESET releases a new version of their software that might work a little bit different than the current versions, that could cause incompatibility problems but not always. If that happens then you have to deal with that, but until then I would be happy that they seem to work fine together for you.

Edited by SweX

• Administrators

Although you have used HIPS in both products for some time already, the question is what would happen in the event of malware detection and whether the 2 HIPS modules would clash or somehow cancel out each other. Maybe somebody has tested the mentioned combo with actual malware and could elaborate more on it.