Understanding EEI Dashboard

Hello friends,

I was fiddling around with EEI, and i came across 2 graphs which i cant really comprehend, and seek a better explaination here:

image.png.397115f385e565670e24d9d603490b1d.png

Reference to the above image, what network popularity? Documentation from https://help.eset.com/eei/1.3/en-US/dashboard_executables.html?zoom_highlightsub=network+popularity states as "Hhe number of computers which have the module in the enterprise". What exactly does that mean ? How do i install network popularity modules at the endpoints?

image.png.32ec99734f63c0babdd40dd2838b066f.png

Reference to the above image, how can i actually understand the bubbles?https://help.eset.com/eei/1.3/en-US/dashboard_executables.html?dashboard_computers.html explaination doesn't help in understanding at all , or is it just me? :(

• Administrators

The higher a circle is on the Y axis, the more machines in your LAN have particular files. The further a circle is on the X axis, the more ESET users have the file (ie. the more popular it is worldwide).  The bigger a circle is, the more such files you have.

To illustrate it on a concrete example:
The red-marked circle means that you have quite many files that exist only on 1 computer in your LAN but are quite popular among ESET users since the LG popularity is 7 (1-10 mil. of users):

image.png

On 12/13/2019 at 6:07 PM, Marcos said:

The higher a circle is on the Y axis, the more machines in your LAN have particular files. The further a circle is on the X axis, the more ESET users have the file (ie. the more popular it is worldwide).  The bigger a circle is, the more such files you have.

To illustrate it on a concrete example:
The red-marked circle means that you have quite many files that exist only on 1 computer in your LAN but are quite popular among ESET users since the LG popularity is 7 (1-10 mil. of users):

image.png

Thank you Marcos, your explaination is very clear! How about the other graph about resolved and unresolved alarms?

• Administrators

I hope it will be clearer from a description of your screen shot that shows:
- 2 computers with 256 unresolved and 0 resolved alarms
- 1 computer with 64 resolved and 0 with unresolved alarm
- probably 2 computers (judging just from the size of the bubble) with 512 unresolved and 2 resolved alarms

On 12/16/2019 at 3:42 PM, Marcos said:

I hope it will be clearer from a description of your screen shot that shows:
- 2 computers with 256 unresolved and 0 resolved alarms
- 1 computer with 64 resolved and 0 with unresolved alarm
- probably 2 computers (judging just from the size of the bubble) with 512 unresolved and 2 resolved alarms

Thank you Marcos, but in this case, why does the 2 computer bubble show the value 512 for unresolved alarms, and 1 for resolved alarms? 

Does this mean, we just ignore the value behind the ","? Or there is a meaning to those values ?

On 12/18/2019 at 9:29 AM, ILoveESET said:

Thank you Marcos, but in this case, why does the 2 computer bubble show the value 512 for unresolved alarms, and 1 for resolved alarms? 

Does this mean, we just ignore the value behind the ","? Or there is a meaning to those values ?

Any update on this please?