ESMC firewall deploy clear clients built-in rules

Hello

I have ESMC and EES clients with policy based firewall. When a firewall policy are applied on clients, the built-in rules are deleted, even when I choose append rules to existing on client.

Is this the desired behavior?

Is there a method to keep the built-in rules?

Thanks

Levi

• Administrators

When creating a policy, do you remove the built-in rules from the list first, add your own rules and then apply it on clients with the option to append ? Are you referring to built-in rules that exist on clients or that are in the policy that you create?

The client is EES with policy-based firewall. By default, the built-in rules allow the agent communication and many other things.

I creating on the ESMC a policy with 2 firewall rules, nothing more or less.

Then I assign to the client the policy, After the next client connection to the ESMC, the clients built-in firewall rules are deleted remaining just the two rules assigned by the ESMC.

Thanks

Levi

• ESET Staff

You have two options to test: 

• when configuring the two custom rules, click on "show predefined rules" in the list, and then with "shown" set the list of rules to "replace"
  • or you can "append" with the "local list", as the list of predefined rules is considered "local"