Problems with a program since version 7

I have recently upgraded to version 7 of Smart Security - on both my PC and laptop.

I use a program called LocknGo: hxxp://www.keynesis.com/ to protect my portable hard drive.

Since the update the program won't unlock my hard drive with anti-virus enabled. I disable protection and it works.

Now, I have the same setup on my Laptop and that works fine without having to disable protection.

I have tried adding that program to the exclusions but that doesn't help... Any ideas??

• Administrators

First of all, it's necessary to narrow it down to a particular protection module involved in the issue. Does temporarily disabling protection via the tray icon context menu make a difference? If not, what about disabling HIPS and restarting the computer? If that doesn't help either, does renaming C:\Windows\System32\drivers\eamonm.sys and ehdrv.sys, one at a time, in safe mode make the issue go away?

I assume the application uses a driver which might clash with one of ESET's drivers.

First of all, it's necessary to narrow it down to a particular protection module involved in the issue. Does temporarily disabling protection via the tray icon context menu make a difference? If not, what about disabling HIPS and restarting the computer? If that doesn't help either, does renaming C:\Windows\System32\drivers\eamonm.sys and ehdrv.sys, one at a time, in safe mode make the issue go away?

I assume the application uses a driver which might clash with one of ESET's drivers.

Temporarily disabling protection makes it work. Disabling HIPS doesn't make any difference.

Weird how it works fine on the laptop...