Client task to update endpoint security failed - why?

• Administrators

What version of Endpoint is currently installed on the clients? Did you create a new software install task that you sent to the clients to get Endpoint upgraded to the latest v7.1?

If you install Endpoint 7.1 on a troublesome client over the existing (older) version, does it install alright?

2 minutes ago, Marcos said:

What version of Endpoint is currently installed on the clients? Did you create a new software install task that you sent to the clients to get Endpoint upgraded to the latest v7.1?

If you install Endpoint 7.1 on a troublesome client over the existing (older) version, does it install alright?

Yes brand new software install task.  Most of the failed installs were running 6.3.2016.0, one of them is 6.4.2014.0.

Other clients that did update correctly were on these older versions.  I haven't attempted to manually run the installer on one of these failed machines as I wanted to find the -reason- why the remote install failed.  Where can I find the reason?

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Embercide said:

Where can I find the reason?

This is possible only by manually upgrading Endpoint, ie. installing a new version over an existing one. Please refer to https://support.eset.com/kb406 for instructions how to enable generation of install logs that might shed more light. It's possible that logs from other Microsoft tools will be needed in order to determine the cause of the failure.

You can try temporarily disabling self-defense in older Endpoints, reboot the machines and then try installing the latest version over. In some cases this might work.