ESET Endpoint Web Control with mixed rules

I've implemented an Internet access control policy where we have the following requirements:

• Block access to several group categories of sites
  • Allow access to specific urls 

The problem is that I'm getting the sites blocked by category but the url group's we allow are also blocked, if they belong to one of the blocked categories.

I believe ESET should act as a regular firewall, applying rules in the order I've configured, and accepting a connection as soon as it's authorised, not proceeding to the following rules.

Here is an piece of my policy:

image.thumb.png.ecdddc25e6e194ab3d1eca31c4a00e46.png

image.png.5cfa896fc1b83105341a0a294d021de2.png

image.png.55019a6550a9bac622191c4b57db4b0f.png

I'was expecting to be able to open the website https://www.martini.com/pt/pt/ but it gets blocked by the category group.

Is there any way I can get the expected result?

Thanks in advance for any help with this issue.

Best Regards,

José Rocha @ Magikevolution

• Administrators

Rules are evaluated in the order as they appear in the list; ie. if a URL matches the first rule, the second rule won't be evaluated.

According to your screen shots, the problem is using of wildcards in Web Control rules which are not supported. Please remove "*." from each URL. Should you use URLs with paths and not just the hostname, make sure that SSL filtering is enabled on clients as well.

53 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Rules are evaluated in the order as they appear in the list; ie. if a URL matches the first rule, the second rule won't be evaluated.

According to your screen shots, the problem is using of wildcards in Web Control rules which are not supported. Please remove "*." from each URL. Should you use URLs with paths and not just the hostname, make sure that SSL filtering is enabled on clients as well.

Will have to try that solution tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.