While trying to install eset smart security in to my laptop, it ended up with an error saying

"Could not write value installationstatus to key/software/ESET/ESET Security/current version/Info.

Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

i have tried the following.

1.Running as a admin

2.uninstalled old anti-virus and removed all its registry keys in windows safe mode.

3.i deleted all the remaining files related to old anti-virus from c:/program files

but still same error persists. am using Windows 7, 32-bit

my old anti virus is AVG free edition.

Kindly help me to solve this issue.

Edited by Marcos
Formatting removed

• Administrators

This error means permission denied. Please create install install logs as per the instructions here and also capture operations while attempting to install ESET using Process monitor. Once you have the logs from unsuccessful install created (all logs must be from the same time), compress them, upload them to a safe location and pm me the download link.

• Administrators

It seems incorrect permissions are set for the registry key HKLM\Software\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Info. I assume that you're not able to delete this key manually in safe mode either, are you?

• Administrators

Download and install SubInACL, then run it as follows:
SUBINACL /verbose=1 /subkeyreg "Software\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Info" /grant="Administrators"=F /grant="SYSTEM"=F /setowner=Administrators

i have installed the same, and then opened note pad, copied your said code, and saved it as .cmd file and then i tried to run. but its just opened the command menu and closed in a fraction of seconds. nothing will happen. what to do

• Administrators

Did you run the command from the older where Subinacl is installed? Otherwise you must use a full path to subinacl.exe.

i tried like this way now, opened command menu

typed the following commands

cmd

notepad reset.cmd

created a new one and then copied your command line there and then saved. then i typed in the command menu

reset.cmd

it shows

SUBINACL is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

• Administrators

Ddi you run it in safe mode? If in normal mode, you would have to make sure that self-defense is not active. To accomplish this, run "sc query ehdrv".

If the error occurs in safe mode as well, the problem is not caused by ESET and the registry permissions must have been tampered with somehow.

even is safe mode same problem persists.

if i run the command sc query ehdrv in normal mode

it displays:

[sC] EnumqueryServicesStatus: OpenService Failed 1060:

The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

i can able to install other anti-virus products except ESET.

• Administrators

Try manually setting full access permissions for the given registry key for your and the System account via regedit.