Anti-Theft on Windows 8 and Windows 7 Home Premium.

Go to solution Solved by Castlepoint,

Hello,

I have Eset Smart Security 7 installed on my Acer Windows 8 desktop and on a laptop which has Windows 7 Home Premium. Both p.cs have the latest versions of Eset - 7.0.302.26.

The Eset 'Home' page on Windows 8 shows:

Frequently used      xxx

xxx

Anti-theft:               Enabled by xxxx@talktalk.net

Configure Anti-Theft

Basic overview:       Licence valid...        

When I click on 'Configure Anti-Theft'  I sign-in with my e-mail address and password and a page with 'My devices protected by ESET Anti-Theft' appears, showing 2 p.cs, both with an optimization level of 5 stars. When I click on the 'sign-out' section below 'my profile', the words 'sign-out in progress...' appear on the top left side of the new (blank) screen and after about 10 seconds, I am returned to the page headed 'My devices protected by ESET Anti-Theft'. The only way I seem to be able to log out is to go to a different web site.

I HAVE 2 QUESTION RELATING TO ESET AND THE WINDOWS 8 DESKTOP.

1.) Am I right in assuming that as 'Anti Theft' is (as shown above) 'Enabled by xxxx@talktalk.net', I can therefore ignore the words 'Configure Anti-Theft'?

2.) How do I 'sign-out'?

The Eset 'Home' page on Windows 7 Home Premium shows:

Frequently used      xxx

xxx

Anti-theft:               Anti-Theft is Enabled

Finish Anti-Theft Configuration

Basic overview:       Licence valid...

When I click on 'Finish Anti-Theft Configuration', I am taken to a page headed 'Create new account', which asks for name, surname, e-mail, password, confirm password, agree to terms, product news etc., followed by the words 'Create new my.eset.com password'. However, I have already created an account with a password on the Windows 8 p.c. Next to that box is the word 'Cancel', however, when I press 'Cancel', I am taken to the 'sign-in' page where I can sign in with the same e-mail address and password that I registered on the Windows 8 p.c. I am then directed to a page, as in the Windows 8 p.c., where the words 'My devices protected by ESET Anti-Theft' appear, showing the desktop and the lap-top,both with an optimization level of 5 stars .

I HAVE 3 QUESTIONS RELATING TO ESET AND THE H.P. WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM LAPTOP.

1.) Should the word 'Log-In' replace the word 'Cancel' referred to in the paragraph above concerning 'Finish Anti-Theft Configuration'?

2.) How do I 'Finish Anti-Theft Configuration'?

3.) How do I 'sign-out'? The same problem with the inability to log-out exists with the lap-top p.c.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

Castlepoint.

Thank you 'metaller' for your reply.

Where you say 'Try delete all your session & cookies for AT site...', that did allow me to sign-out of the site but I cannot understand why it is necessary to 'delete all your session & cookies' every time the user has to sign-out.

Regarding the other queries, it might be simpler if I ask the following question:

After signing in, both p.cs. show the following page:

My devices protected by ESET Anti-Theft

The desk-top is portrayed, ticked, with 5 stars beneath the word OPTIMIZATION LEVEL and below that, in blue, VIEW DETAILS.

The lap-top is portrayed, ticked, with 5 stars beneath the word OPTIMIZATION LEVEL and below that, in blue, VIEW DETAILS.

Can I therefore assume that both p.cs are 'enabled' with regard to the Anti-Theft facility?

Many thanks,

Castlepoint.

Edited by Castlepoint

Hello (again) 'metaller',

Thank you (again) for the reply you posted on Wednesday 5th February, but:

1. Is it always necessary to, as you say 'Try delete all your session & cookies for AT site...' every time the user has to 'sign out? I have not found that necessary on other websites, banks and other institutions.

2. May I refer you to the question I raised in my yesterday's (01.55pm post)?

'Can I therefore assume that both p.cs are 'enabled' with regard to the Anti-Theft facility?'

I have one further question to ask:

I cannot find one (it is probably me!) but, is there a link to the Forum on the Eset home page?

If there is not, may I suggest it?

Thank you again,

Castlepoint.

Hi Castlepoint,

Just chiming in to help. . .

1. It is not always necessary to clear your cache and cookies, because they assist in speeding up the browsing experience when visiting certain websites , preventing images or logins that have to be downloaded or retyped back in.

Sometimes these collections get corrupted or damaged, or they do not create themselves properly at times.

If the cache and cookie clearing fixed your issue , however on each return the problem persists, we are looking at a possible browser conflict or issue that needs to be fixed or repaired in order to get back  to normal operations.

I would suggest trying a different browser, only temporarily and see if the problem persists. If this is done, we know where to point at for problems.

Which browser are you currently using ?

If it turns out to be true, i would suggest reinstalling or repairing your browser. IE, FIrefox, and Chrome all have a reset utility that can restore functionality.

Reinstalling IE or reverting to previous version requires some deeper digging into the OS. However you can Open Internet Options in Control Panel and choosing Advanced tab. then RESET at the bottom.

2. I will defer to ESET staff on question 2, in regards to AntiTheft.

ESET has a link to the forums on the main page under Support > Forums. :)

Hello Arakasi,

Thanks for your input. To respond to the points you made in order:

I understand what you are saying about cache/cookie clearing and I will see what happens in the future. After reading 'metaller's' response, I did clear the cache and cookies and managed to 'sign-out' without any problem.

I am using 'FIREFOX - V. 27.' If the problem occurs again I will re-install Firefox.

I take your point regarding the question ('Can I therefore assume that both p.c.s are 'enabled' with regard to the Anti-Theft facility?') that I raised.

This is the 'link' my p.c. displays for Eset Support, accessed from the Eset 'Home' page:

hxxp://www.eset.co.uk/Support

I still cannot see any link to the Forum from the support page. As I said in the previous post, it is probably me!

I tried to insert a screenshot of the Eset Support page that my p.c. displays, however the following message appeared when I clicked on 'POST'

An Error Occurred

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

Thanks again to you,

Castlepoint.

Edited by Castlepoint

• Solution

You are absolutely right. UK support page does not have a link back to the forums. :(

Hello Arakasi,

Thanks for confirming it and I am glad that it was not me!

Perhaps there should be a link.

Regards,

Castlepoint.