W. - 10.  EIS.  Under Windows sec. & Maintenance it says Eset antivirus is on.  Under Firewall, it only says firewall is active - does not say which is on - W. or Eset.

Under control panel-w. defender firewall-advanced settings    = it says W. defender firewall is on.  does that mean both eset F.Wall AND windows. F.Wall are BOTH on!  Thanks.

1 hour ago, jems said:

Under control panel-w. defender firewall-advanced settings    = it says W. defender firewall is on.  does that mean both eset F.Wall AND windows. F.Wall are BOTH on! 

You should see what is shown in the below screen shot when Eset has been successfully registered in the Windows Security Center.

Suggest you uninstall Eset, reboot, and then reinstall it. Make sure you export your Eset settings prior to uninstall if you have created customized settings. You can then import these after Eset has been reinstalled. Hopefully, Eset will be successfully registered in Windows Security Center upon reinstall.

-EDIT- Prior to doing the above, you can try this to see if it resolves the issue since it appears you are running Win 10 1809. In Windows Security Center, click on "Firewall & network protection." On the right hand of the shown screen, click on "Manage providers." In the shown Security Providers screen, go to Firewall section. There should be a option shown that will display the current Windows firewall status. Try to turn it off by clicking on the "Turn off" tab. If successful, then reboot and see if the below screen shot is shown in Control Panel -> Windows Defender Firewall.

Eset_Firewall.thumb.png.431cf660f5a2f669ccd82bd99178f2e4.png

Edited by itman

Hi.  I see the screen you posted under C.Panel-windows defender f.Wall.

Under C. Panel i have the following:

-Start=CPanel-sec. & Maintenance-VIRUS PROTECTION-view in W. Security.. =Here it says Eset is turned on on.  At bottom of this screen it  says OPEN APP.  than below that i have an option of arrow down OR arrow up.  Not sure what that all means,

-Start=CPanel-Sec. & Maintenance-NETWORK FIREWALL-view in W.Security   = Here there is no identification as to which firewall is on - -  neither is there an OPEN APP option  nor an Arrow up or arrow down option.

i remember once the option was there, as it is in virus protection.

I guess Windows makes it confusing as to which firewall is on.  does Eset now have their firewall running WITH w. Firewall.

Here is a screen i hope will help.  thanks. :)

42 minutes ago, jems said:

Here is a screen i hope will help.  thanks. :)

Post the screen shot in your reply. Only Eset mods now have access to attachments.

The screen shot you posted is from the Windows Defender Firewall section of Control Panel. It also appears the ver. of Windows 10 you are running is not 1809. Earlier vers. of Win 10 had such a display. The screen shot I posted is from Win 10 1809.

In any case, I don't see a problem with your installation. Eset is managing the Win firewall settings as should be.

Thanks for the help, Itman.  Appreciated.  I am satisfied that eset is managing the firewall settings as should be.  My problem was not doubting eset - twas MS.  I checked - my W-10 version is 1809.

Cheers.

12 hours ago, jems said:

I checked - my W-10 version is 1809.

As far as I am aware of in regards to 1809, you should be seeing a Windows firewall setting as shown in the screen shot I previously posted.

Refer to the below screen shot. Open Windows Security Center. Then select "Firewall & network protection" -> click on "Manage providers." In the Firewall section it should show that the Eset firewall is turned on and the Windows firewall is off.

Also for reference, the Windows firewall is not completely disabled. Only the portion that controls monitoring actions by its rules are disabled. If the Eset firewall is used with default settings, Eset will also use the Windows firewall inbound rules but under the control of its firewall processing.

Windows_Firewall.thumb.png.0922a651790936f0340f737327878c0e.png

Hey.  Thanks itman.  Yes - my screen is as the one you showed me - so i am ok .  seems such a lot of paths to find something out with ms.  Thanks again. :)