License Renewal/Extension Question

Go to solution Solved by Janus,

• ESET Insiders

Hello,

This may have been asked before but I could not find an answer by doing a forum search. My current license still has several months left on it. I just purchased a renewal/extension via a boxed set, so I have a new activation code. If I activate it, does it add to my current activated license? If not, is there a way to add it or must I wait until my current license expires before I use the new activation code? I just want to be sure I do not make a mistake and end up with two licenses running concurrently instead of extending the current one. If my memory serves me, you could not do this in the past, but I wanted to inquire if anything has changed and if this indeed is possible now. Thanks in advance...

Note: If the above is not possible, I think it would be a very good feature to implement sometime in the future as many security vendors already have this option...

• Solution

Hello Kent :-))

If you have bought a new license code from a boxed set, and when you activate it, you will receive a new username and password that is tightly bound to the new license, and therefore can't be used to prolong an existing license with another password and username, when we are talking about boxed versions of Eset. If you have used one of Eset's local vendors then it is another story. Because here you have the opportunity to renew up to 90 days before your license expires,and 60 days after your license expires.Besides all this, then I really like your idea Kent, but I have no idea about how it could be administered, that we have to leave to someone else.

Regards Janus

• ESET Insiders

Hello Janus,

Thanks for confirming. This is what I thought but it had been a couple of major versions ago since I had inquires and wanted to do this. I just wanted to be sure it had not changed. I appreciate the reply..