Eset GUI Update Alert

I have had the below screen shot alert occur the last few times an Eset in-product upgrade occurred. I have the firewall set to Automatic. I thought Application Modification detection only occurred when the firewall was set to Interactive mode. Also this is the only app update alert I every receive. The Eset GUI default firewall is enabled allowing all equi.exe outbound traffic.

Is this some type of internal security check to detect any unauthorized equi.exe modification? 

Eset_GUI_Update.png.21f7e247683cc960fb77e3c710045441.png  

• Administrators

This would happen if you had a permissive firewall rule created for egui.exe and modification of signed applications was not allowed automatically:

image.png

5 minutes ago, Marcos said:

This would happen if you had a permissive firewall rule created for egui.exe

The only firewall rule for equi.exe is the default rule. See the below screen shot. Should that rule be disabled?

Eset_GUI_Rule.png.9cc3796ca387487a3568fcb95117a147.png

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

Do you have the option shown in my screen shot enabled or disabled?

Disabled.

I thought it wouldn't matter what that setting was since my prior use of Application Modification showed it was only applicable with the firewall in Interactive mode. Again the only alert I have ever received was for equi.exe. What is strange is the alert doesn't manifest until a few hours after an Eset upgrade. And the alert only occurs once after I respond with keep existing firewall rules. For example, Eset upgraded to 12.0.31 at 9:00 AM today and the alert appeared late in the afternoon. Also there has been no change to equi.exe last modification date after the above noted upgrade time.

Eset_Egui_Time.png.0d8077909abc3cc9df82f84b69a74684.png 

Edited by itman