ESET Internet Security does not go far enough...

Folks, it would be fantastic that when a virus/trojan is found in my Thunderbird (latest Vers), that when it show the nasty in Tools/ More Tools/ Quarantine that the "real" virus/trojan is identified and shows who sent it, the size and more importantly, the time and date-stamp when it entered.

I am looking at a file which I reduced by shifting all 2018 emails so far into monthly groups, eg : "INBOX_JAN_2018"  to  "INBOX_OCT_2018".  I have at present, only five emails as at (01-Nov-2018)  5:46pm, 21 after pruning the unwanted emails.

The display shows it is a trojan, some time in October (wow.... can we narrow that to the day at least) the trojan is a "Win32/Injector.EBIF trojan"

Where can I find what it is, let alone who sent it, the email address, real or fake, I don't care that much, but the time and date would be a bonus.

C'mon guys, how hard can it be ?  You can do it folks !

Cheers jeffro

7 hours ago, Jeffro said:

Folks, it would be fantastic that when a virus/trojan is found in my Thunderbird (latest Vers), that when it show the nasty in Tools/ More Tools/ Quarantine that the "real" virus/trojan is identified and shows who sent it, the size and more importantly, the time and date-stamp when it entered.

Did you check your Eset "Detected Threats" log for a related entry?