I couldnot signin using my eset username and password in ubuntu eset NOD 32 and canot update the antivirus and how can i fix it

• Most Valued Members

Did you sign in using the username and password that was sent to you by ESET through email?

• 2 weeks later...

I am having same issue.  When I reboot system the username & password aren't retained so authentication of license fails.  It would be nice if they would provide iptables for firewall setup as well. It is quite cumbersome to manually set up in linux.  I see no point of running an antivirus in linux without also using a firewall. it is like worrying about the lock & key on a house with no doors.

• Most Valued Members
15 hours ago, galaxysurfer said:

I am having same issue.  When I reboot system the username & password aren't retained so authentication of license fails.  It would be nice if they would provide iptables for firewall setup as well. It is quite cumbersome to manually set up in linux.  I see no point of running an antivirus in linux without also using a firewall. it is like worrying about the lock & key on a house with no doors.

So what you are trying to say that when you reboot your Ubuntu , ESET doesn't save the username and password that you have used for activation and it asks you to re-activate?

Enable Gufw Firewall in Ubuntu and use it along with NOD32 , I do that. - hxxp://gufw.org/

gufw should come installed in Ubuntu no need for installations , but if it's missing you can find it from terminal