Export Exclusion list?

• Administrators

You'd need to create a policy with only exclusions defined and then export it.

However, since exclusions generally create a security hole giving malware a chance to run from excluded folders, we would like to hear more about your use case and reasons why you need to use exclusions at all.

The software we use to manage our user profiles needs to have it's scripts as well as the compressed files that it saves user data in excluded, otherwise it can slow down or hang user logins. We have been running this way for some time and we are comfortable with the risk.

Creating a policy then exporting defeats the purpose. I am trying to export the items from our existing policies, rather than creating them from scratch. If I have to create the policy in order to export it, then why not just manually add the exclusions to the existing antivirus policy, which is what I was trying to avoid?

Here's an update. I upgraded one of our test machines from ESET Antivirus 5.0 to 7.0. Opening up the Advanced Settings, I found that our file exclusion list was there. I went through all of the settings in 7 and compared them to a machine still running 5. Most of the settings had carried over from the version 5 config. I downloaded that config in ESMC and then converted it to a policy, then assigned it to the desired group.

Hopefully this helps someone else who is struggling with the same question.