ESET was automaticaly uninstalled?

Hi, something weird happened a two weeks ago.

The story is like this, i have an ESET license for two machines. I used to have a desktop PC and a laptop, but one day the monitor of the laptop stopped working. In February i bought a new laptop and took a chance to install ESET, and everything worked just fine (the other laptop still has ESET but i cant desinstall it). But two weeks ago, in my desktop machine, the first machine where i installed the anti-virus, i had a pop up, in the middle of the screen (not the right corner), saying that there were updates and if i wanted to install. I never had a notification like that, but i didnt thought anything of it and click Update. In th middle of the update there was an error and the update failed. Now i realized that i no longer have ESET in my desktop machine.

Is this the normal behavior, for ESET anti virus to be desinstalled when you exceed the number of licences you own?

• Administrators

ESET never uninstalls itself automatically. It sounds like an issue while upgrading from an older version. Do you know by chance if you had a legacy version (up to v8) installed or you had v10 or v11 before you chose to upgrade to the latest version?

You should be able to uninstall / reinstall ESET from scratch. In case of issues, try running the ESET Uninstall tool in safe mode first.

Hi, thanks for you answer.

I had ESET installed for years in that machine, and i always kept it up to date. My main worry is if this was an error or cause by a malicious software.

I had a similar incident a while back.

I was installing a different ver. of Eset Internet Security over an existing version. The installation terminated midway through with an error. The installer rather than rolling back to the previous version, left the new ver. partially installed but non-functional. In other words, no operational version of Eset Internet Security was installed as far as the OS was concerned. This should never happen.