Slow opening files and slow loading web pages - SOLVED

Pentode

At present I'm back on Nod32  AV v7, I just tried Nod32 2018 and don't like it one bit.

I don't like the GUI, no Email virus signatures in Thunderbird, slows opening files and slow loading web pages. YES, I know v7 is OUL so please don't remind me...! At, least V7 works just fine for me at present on Win 7 pro 64 bit and XP pro 32 bit, as you can see I have it on two computers.

So what to do? Sorry to say I'm evaluating other brands right now, once v7 refuses to work I'll be off.

Also what 'narked' me was when I installed 2018..... it promoted me to automatic payment which I didn't like one bit and I couldn't alter it - old Avast tricks!

Not pleased one bit.  Dave

Edited by Pentode

• Administrators

V7 has already reached the end of life and upgrade to the latest version is now being distributed. V7 not only provides worse protection against current threats but also contains bugs that were addressed in newer versions. V9 is the latest version with official support for Windows XP.  New versions also include improvements in terms of performance.

As for signatures in Thunderbird emails, nothing has changed in recent years. Basically if it works with v7, it must work with v9 (Windows XP) and v11 as well. If there are issues with newer versions, please contact customer care to assist you with troubleshooting.

As for performance issues, try pausing real-time protection and see if it makes a difference. If that doesn't help, try disabling HIPS and rebooting the computer. To start off, I'd need a Procmon log as well as ELC from the computer.

Thank you Marcos, when I get time I'll pop in a hard drive and have a play with V9.... something at the back of my mind tells me v9 won't let me add virus signatures with Thunderbird, otherwise I would have used it long ago,  I seem to think it was  with  8 and something Mozilla did and not ESET, pretty sure 'we' had a discussion about this at the time.

Sounds like I'm being awkward I know, just that I want something that works my way and right now 2018 ain't it.

Dave

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, Pentode said:

something at the back of my mind tells me v9 won't let me add virus signatures with Thunderbird, otherwise I would have used it long ago,  I seem to think it was  with  8 and something Mozilla did and not ESET, pretty sure 'we' had a discussion about this at the time.

In V9 and newer you can set up tag messages / signatures in the email protection setup:

image.png

Marcus.... I'm a complete idiot

Yes, I can append virus signature with Thunderbird on ESET 2018 Anti Virus..... and yes it works just like V7, just that I hadn't configured set up like v7.

So what I done was to download the installers for V9  as you mentioned  (I noted the EOL was Dec. 19 - just in case. Since 2018 is working I'll give it a good try.

Sorry about any inconvenience, I'm on the happy side again.

Dave