Apache Proxy

Dear ESET Team,

I have technical problem with apache proxy integration with ESET Remote administrator 6.5, I have enabled apache proxy in clients, but it's not cache the updates and the update size of signature is increased, we have total 550 Clients in our environment. Our network complained that the usage of apache proxy server is 15 GB under one week. could any one assist on this matter.

Regard's

Habib

• Administrators

I would run "htcacheclean -A" on the proxy to find out if files are actually being cached. If that's not an issue, pick 2 machines that have the same version of the detection engine. Update one of them to the latest version, if available. Once updated, start logging the network communication to pcap (e.g. using Wireshark or tcpdump on Linux) both on the proxy and on the other client and then run manual update on the client. Finally save both pcap logs and provide them to us along with the output of the command "htcacheclean -A".

Marcos,

i have total of 550 clients running E SET endpoint 6.6, all clients are join to e set remote administrator 6.5. Currently i am using both method for updating eset endpoint antivirus mirror and Apache but it's update is not acceptable, is there is any to enhance module updates problems. i have doubt that may be Apache proxy is not configured properly. could you please assist.

Regard's

Habib

• ESET Staff

HI Habib, have you read the documentation regarding Apache HTTP Proxy setup? For example this guide:

https://help.eset.com/era_bpg/65/en-US/index.html?install_apache.htm

If you need further assistance, please let us know more details about your setup of the Apache HTTP Proxy. Also, please let us know if you find a solution to your issue.

Edited by Peter_J