ESET LiveGrid is not Accesssible

foxbat77

Upon updating our clients to 6.6.2068.0 with Remote Administrator, the clients now report;

ESET LiveGrid is not accessible

The credentials used to access ESET LiveGrid servers are not correct.

We have an active licenses.  Didn't change anything with our profiles.  This was a simple in-place upgrade pushed out by RA.

• Administrators

Endpoint v6.6 should activate within 5 minutes after upgrade. How much time has elapsed since the upgrade? I assume you previously activated Endpoint with a license key or with a security admin account, didn't you? I'm asking because the same message appears if a product is activated with an offline license file which is intended to be used only on computers that never connect to the Internet.

How many seats with Endpoint 6.6 are currently not activated? Please let me know the seat ID of at least some of the affected seats that you can find in the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Info\WebSeatId. If you have more seats affected, provide me with your public license ID and we'll enforce the download of a license file for all seats that belong to your license.

Did not get the LiveGrid message on desktops before the update to 6.6.2068.0.    Most of my clients were running or or two versions behind, but they were already on Endpoint AntiVirus 6.6 at least.

this is affecting all of my upgraded clients.  My RA shows 0 offline clients.

Clients are also showing error:  "Modules Update Failed.  Your license file does not contain a username and password.  You can update only from an update mirror."

This was fine before the update to the latest version.   Again, have not changed anything with our client policies.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/01/2018 at 6:01 PM, foxbat77 said:

Did not get the LiveGrid message on desktops before the update to 6.6.2068.0.    Most of my clients were running or or two versions behind, but they were already on Endpoint AntiVirus 6.6 at least.

this is affecting all of my upgraded clients.  My RA shows 0 offline clients.

I think that reporting about non working LiveGrid is new feature of 6.6 client. Eset LiveGrid need to have internet access. Check if required communication ports are open.

Ports and addresses required to use your ESET product with a third-party firewall

• Administrators
On 1/4/2018 at 6:25 PM, foxbat77 said:

Clients are also showing error:  "Modules Update Failed.  Your license file does not contain a username and password.  You can update only from an update mirror."

This was fine before the update to the latest version.   Again, have not changed anything with our client policies.

Deactivating the unit via the ELA portal and re-activating it should fix the issue. Please read https://support.eset.com/kb6636/ for more information.