Failed Update

xer0w

So I was just asked to update to v7 via a dialog, I clicked ok, which then kicked off what looked like an msi uninstall, then restart request. After restart and login, my PC then black-screened, crashed and rebooted :(

After logging back in again, I now don't have any Antivirus installed. Not good.

Just as well I'm a techie, so I dived a bit deeper... 

Event Log shows:

Product: ESET NOD32 Antivirus -- Error 1923. Service 'ESET Service' (ekrn) could not be installed.  Verify that you have sufficient privileges to install system services.

Product: ESET NOD32 Antivirus -- Installation failed.

Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: ESET NOD32 Antivirus. Product Version: 7.0.302.26. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: ESET, spol s r. o.. Installation success or error status: 1603.

Ending a Windows Installer transaction: C:\Windows\TEMP\NUP27EB.msi. Client Process Id: 10636.

I'm running:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel® Core2 Extreme CPU X9650  @ 3.00GHz, 2997 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Locale United Kingdom
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB

(I don't login with an admin account btw.)

I'm about to reinstall manually.........

You need to log in with the main local administrator account and try again, just casein the profile that you are using is corrupted and/or the permissions are messed up especially against services.

Also, only accounts with admin privileges can install programs if your statement was geared toward standard user accounts.

There is an ESET uninstaller tool for safe mode use to assist you as well.

Thanks for posting and please report back your findings :)