Arakasi,

This weekend I tried everything you suggested me in the above answers. I removed even ESET to 'unlock' the windows firewall and set the configuration of that firewall to standard.

I switched the network from Home to Public and back again. I used several other anti virus scanners. I removed them very careflly using special removal software. I cleaned my registry and read the other topics you pointed me to very carefully and tried also the suggestions over there. I decided to follow the other topic as well.

Yesterday evening the solution that helped me was posted in that topic: remove the wifi adapter including the drivers and reboot.

After that the adapter was detected again and the drivers installed and it worked !!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

I saw that yoy had read the topic as well.

I like to thank you very much for your answers, your suggestions and your patience. You were very helpfull and I have learned a lot.

Thanks !

Gijs

Edited by Gijs47

Your most welcome, & yes i saw that topic.

It seems some model of network adapters are not playing well with ESET's firewall installation.

I was hoping ESET could investigate a little further to what could be corrupting the drivers of these network adapters.

I hope we see a fix soon. Please submit any information if the mods request assistance from you Gijs.

Thanks for your patience as well and glad your problem is fixed !

We can close this thread and mark resolved. :)