Smart Security Update Problems

Just completed update of Smart Security to version 10.0.390.0 for Windows 10 Laptop AMD A6 and found that firewall was missing from ethernet adaptor which required

re-installing in the properties tab.

Second issue which I cannot seem to resolve is the "Device control is non-functional Security Alert" warning states the functionality could not be started and does not check or block external devices. Your computer should be restarted as soon as possible.

Having done this many times in local sign on and Admin sign on does nothing to resolve the problem.

I have also checked and unchecked the settings for this and created a rule to see if it would save which it does.

Anyone got an idea on what is causing this permission issue and what can I do to "restart" the PC which will kick start this problem away ?

Thanks in advance

ESSET ISSUES INSTALL.jpg

7 hours ago, Sol said:

Just completed update of Smart Security to version 10.0.390.0 for Windows 10 Laptop AMD A6 and found that firewall was missing from ethernet adaptor which required

Ver. 10 no longer installs a NDIS mini-port filter on the network adapter but instead uses Windows Filtering Platform(WFP) and for Win 10, the AMSI interface.

Is this a Win 10 upgrade from previous ver. upgrade? If so, is this the first time you upgraded Eset since you upgraded to Win 10? 

• Administrators

As itman wrote, do not install the Epfwlwf driver if you have Windows 10 with v10 installed. I'd start off by uninstalling ESET and running the ESET Uninstall tool to make sure it's removed completely.