Demo stub

Go to solution Solved by android3,

The mobile security listed a process named demo stub as a threat (wateh B) variant and category is trojan. The security app says demo stub is a system program and cannot be removed. Is this a false alarm? I have attached a copy to this thread

post-6848-0-31988200-1427294240_thumb.png

• ESET Support

Hello,

Our MRL team already knows and is working on this issue, thank you for your report. We'll let you know with any findings.

In the meantime, since EMS cannot disable applications (at least not currently), we recommend one of the following options:

1) If app cannot be uninstalled (like pre-installed software) or wouldn't like to contact device vendor or operator then we recommend to disable application (if supported by phone). To do this, enter phone settings -> Apps (or Application Manager) -> All applications -> Locate and select/open application -> Disable (or uninstall updates, then disable). That will make the application inactive (the icon will also disappear from menu).

2) Whitelist application via EMS so that is not report it.

Thanks!

"Error: demo stub is a system application and cannot be uninstalled."

The process can't be found or stopped either. Being security-conscience, I don't download bogus (or hardly any) apps to my phone and have pretty strong security standards. I have multiple malware scanners that are picking up nothing; could this be a false-positive?

Edited by paran01d_andr01d

I did ran malwarebytes and there was no detection of demo stub as a trojan.

I have whitelisted demo stub until a resolution from ESET.

Thanks for your suggestion.

• ESET Support

That will require of the following two additional steps:

-from Ignored Threats list, select the "Quarantine" option

-go to Quarantine list then select the "Restore" option

Hope this helps.