Cybersecurity 8 update complains about full disk access even though it has it

• ESET Insiders

My computer just did an in place product update to Cybersecurity 8, and the wizard now states that I need to enable ESET Full Disk Access even though it already has it.

Screen Shot 2024-10-21 at 4.15.25 PM.png

Edited by gisuck
Screenshot wasn't added

• ESET Insiders

Tried a complete reinstall. It installed 7, upgraded to 8 and then encountered the same issue. I tried clicking on the + and adding the ESET application, but that also didn't work. Filed a ticket with support.

I try clear install.

1. uninstall ver.8

"ESET Real-time File System Protection"(OFF) Remains on System Preference>Privacy & Security>Full Disk Access

2. "ESET Real-time File System Protection" delete on System Preference>Privacy & Security>Full Disk Access. use "-".

3. install ver.8. Onboarding.app ended without any problems.

From this, I imagine that macOS will not be able to recognize that "ESET Real-time File System Protection" has become new, macOS will not be able to grant permissions, and Onboarding.app will not progress.

The uninstaller also has a bug that cannot uninstall "ESET Real-time File System Protection".

Edited by AlterMann

• Administrators

According to your description of the issue, it sounds like the same bug in macOS that was in macOS Sonoma: https://support.eset.com/en/kb8709.

Those who are experiencing the issue, are you able to fix it by following the instructions in the above KB?

• Marcos changed the title to Cybersecurity 8 update complains about full disk access even though it has it
  • ESET Insiders

I've tried adding the application, it didn't work. The KB does not list where the extension is installed so I can try reinstalling that. Still not able to detect full disk access.