Spoofing check exclusions are ignored

Go to solution Solved by M.K.,

Hi,

status e-mails from LAN printers are filtered out, according to the quarantine manager it is because of address spoofing. I added the internal IP range to "List of allowed IP addresses" (Spam Protection / Filtering and verification), in the form "192.168.10.0/24". The program obviously ignores this setting. How can I fix this?

Thanks and regards
Stefano

• ESET Staff
  • Solution

Just to be sure - are those emails blocked by the Sender Spoofing protection?

If yes, then the IP range should be added either to the Ignored IP list and marked as an infrastructure IP, or added to the List of my own IP addresses under Sender Spoofing protection section.

are those emails blocked by the Sender Spoofing protection

Your question confuses me a little: Could there be another setting that blocks these internal mails where sender and recipient are from same domain? Quarantine manager says: blocked du to spoofing (something like that), so I guess it's blocked by Sender Spoofing Protection.

...or added to the List of my own IP addresses under Sender Spoofing protection section.

After moving the internal IP range to List of my own IP addresses under Sender Spoofing protection section it worked, indeed. I find it really confusing that there are lists of "allowed addresses", "ignored [infrastructure] addresses" and "my own IP addresses".

But it works now, thanks for contribution.

Rgards
Stefano

Edited by StefanoFereri