How do I get the false positive Cache Poisoning Attack alerts to stop??

Go to solution Solved by itman,

These alerts are driving my wife insane! She's on a Windows 11 laptop with Smart Security Premium installed and all day long is getting bombarded with Cache Poisoning Attack alerts from devices on our home network. I look up the IP addresses of the devices in the alerts and they are innocent devices on our home network, not threats. Is there a setting I can change on her laptop to supress these alrets, or even better, to get them to stop throwing for my private home network devices?

Also, why are our home devices even trying to connect to her laptop (if indeed that is what is triggering these alerts)? Or is ESET actively going out into the network to find them and reporting back that they are attacks? I've read quite a few others post about similar issues but I've not found a way to actually resolve this.

I will also note another thing I noticed on her laptop, which I find strange. We're using a TP-Link Deco mesh network with several mesh sattelites and a single WiFi SSID (let's call it "My Wifi"). Under her Network connections in ESET I see over a dozen of the root SSIDs with a numeric value after is (eg. "My Wifi 1", "My Wifi 2" ... "My Wifi 15", etc.). ESET appears to be creating new networks from the root SSID for whatever reason. Could this be contributing to the issue, and how do I get ESET to stop doing this, and ONLY connect to the root SSID, "My Wifi"?

• Solution

Sorry for the response delay. Your posting got overlooked somehow.

If you are referring to Eset ARP cache poisoning alerts, refer to this Eset knowledge base article on how to correct the issue: https://support.eset.com/en/kb2933-arp-icmp-or-dns-cache-poisoning-attack-in-eset-home-products-for-windows .

Thanks itman. I made the changes per that article so we'll see if it works. I think it's the right fix.