Price when enlarging existing license for extra device?

Hello,

I have a general question but I think should start with an example (the individual values in the example are just for illustration purpose)

A particular license is quoted by ESET official local vendor:

- 60 EUR/year for 3 devices = 20 EUR per device

- 68 EUR/year for 4 devices = 17 EUR per device

Now if I have purchased initially the 1st license for 3 devices (i.e. already paid 60 EUR), and want to immediately upgrade to 4 devices. My assumption is that I should pay extra only the difference  of 68 - 60 = 8 EUR so that my cumulative payments will equal the total prices for 4 devices as quoted i.e. 68 EUR

However, being in above situation, my vendor quotes an extra charge for the 4th device of 17 EUR (instead of 8). Thus i will be cumulatively paying 60+17 = 77 instead of 68 for 4 devices

In the end it would seem that the price of the same product (4-device license) will be different on the sole basis that I am upgrading (rather than initially purchased it). My vendor explains that the prices are set by ESET and they as a vendor have no influence on those prices.

In conclusion, what I seek to confirm - is is true that ESET charges different prices for the same product in case of an upgrade vs initial purchase?

Thanks.

19 minutes ago, Rossen said:

However, being in above situation, my vendor quotes an extra charge for the 4th device of 17 EUR (instead of 8). Thus i will be cumulatively paying 60+17 = 77 instead of 68 for 4 devices

It depends on your in-country Eset distributor, but I have seen similar behavior from Eset U.S. distributor. Ditto for upgrading an existing product license; e.g. Eset Internet Security to Smart Security premium.

22 minutes ago, Rossen said:

In conclusion, what I seek to confirm - is is true that ESET charges different prices for the same product in case of an upgrade vs initial purchase?

As a rule, I would say that is the case.

43 minutes ago, itman said:

It depends on your in-country Eset distributor, but I have seen similar behavior from Eset U.S. distributor. Ditto for upgrading an existing product license; e.g. Eset Internet Security to Smart Security premium.

As a rule, I would say that is the case.

Thank you. Is there an official contact channel for ESET through which I can seek a formal clarification with my particular country/vendor?