Question regarding digital ESET Home Security licenses from online vendors

Guest ForestWalk

Hello, I have a few questions about how digital (no physical box) ESET Home Security licenses purchased from online vendors such as Amazon or Newegg work. I am located in the United States.

1. If I purchase a 1 year/5 device digital license from an online vendor for ESET Home Security, when that license is nearing expiration can I purchase another digital license from an online vendor and add it to my ESET account to extend protection for another year?

2. When doing so, will all 5 devices automatically receive the extended date of protection or will I need to enter the new license number into each device?

3. When do digital licenses purchased from online vendors become active - at the time of purchase from the online vendor, or when I add the license to my ESET account? In other words, can I purchase a digital license from an online vendor before I need it and only activate it when I need it, or does it become active immediately upon purchase?

Thank you very much for your assistance! 

• Administrators

If you purchase a new license, it is not possible to merge the two (at least not without contact the license issuer). If you renew the license, your existing license will be extended.

If you renew your license and don't purchase a new one, you don't need to update your license information in your ESET product.

New licenses become valid as of the date of purchase. Renewed licenses as of the date of your current license expiration.