Unblock inadvertent "Block all network traffic"

bvj

Working remotely, I managed to click Block all network traffic instead of Pause firewall, on a workstation's Endpoint Security 6.x task menu. I didn't intend to lock  myself out of the workstation.

The target workstation is registered with ERA 6.x. I tried a variety of policies to permit remote access to the workstation, but no luck.  Any ideas to reverse/undo the Block that can be facilitated by ERA and the workstation's installed agent?

I managed to get a body in front of the workstation to release the Block.  

From what I could tell, not even the agent could communicate to ERA

ESET, I recommend providing the user the chance to specify a duration for the Block with the default value set to 15 min. Other duration values could be 1 hour, 4 hours, and Indefinite. It would also make sense to keep the agent port active unless the user elects otherwise.  In theory with the agent port open, I could have applied a corrective policy. 

My click error that activated the Block occurred over a slow VNC connection where visualization of mouse movement lagged actual activity. I never expected the immediate shutout.

I love the Cisco configuration option "reload in xxx", e.g. "reload in 5".

You run "reload in 5" and you then have 5 minutes to make and save your changes, before running "reload cancel". That way, if you do anything catastrophic, like cutting yourself off, you only have to wait 5 minutes before the remote unit reloads your previous configuration.

A lifesaver, I can tell you! :-) Something similar here would be good.