Japanese and multilingual version

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hi:

we have users using different windows os language. long time ago the endpoint msi installer was specific to every language and hard to maintain. these years the endpoint msi  become multilingual so I can push single msi package to every os language except Japanese. I notice that endpoint Japanese version is always different. for example, currently the latest version of endpoint is  "11.0.2044.0", but latest Japanese version is "11.0.2044.1".  so I made an all-in-one installer with Japanese language selection for users need it.

I think the multilingual msi installer can also installed at Japanese windows. but I am not sure. I don't understand Japanese and I don't have Japanese windows environment to test. I want to know what will happen with the msi installer. if I use "11.0.2044.0" msi installer at Japanese windows, will it installed successfully and upgrade to "11.0.2044.1" automatically later?

thanks a lot for clarification!

• Administrators

The Japanese versions of ESET products are released at a different pace depending on our Japanese partner. If you install a lower version prior to the release of official Japanese installers, it should eventually upgrade to the release version. However, such upgrades would require more data to be downloaded as we don't support differential updates from unofficial versions.

3 hours ago, Marcos said:

The Japanese versions of ESET products are released at a different pace depending on our Japanese partner. If you install a lower version prior to the release of official Japanese installers, it should eventually upgrade to the release version. However, such upgrades would require more data to be downloaded as we don't support differential updates from unofficial versions.

Thanks for the clarification. so could I said that the general multilingual msi is also suitable for Japanese windows? (although maybe the later version has better Japanese localization)

I don't mind more upgrade data. I have only a few Japanese users. it is convenient for me if I can treat all users the same when installation, and let endpoint auto-upgrade to the best version.

• Administrators
  • Solution
18 minutes ago, tbsky said:

Thanks for the clarification. so could I said that the general multilingual msi is also suitable for Japanese windows? (although maybe the later version has better Japanese localization)

I don't see any reason why English or another language version would not work on Japanese Windows. If you are ok with that the Japanese localization may not be complete, you can use it.

58 minutes ago, Marcos said:

I don't see any reason why English or another language version would not work on Japanese Windows. If you are ok with that the Japanese localization may not be complete, you can use it.

Thanks again for the great info!