The remote access application: svchost.exe

Man1

Hi all,

I am using Eset for a while and I am pleased.

Yesterday I was entering remote to computer 1. I Use VPN and Rdp to connect.

I entered several times randomly from two computers, a laptop and a desktop,
At one point, when I wanted to enter computer 1, it was waiting to enter and told me that there is another connection on this computer (comp 1).
Then when I entered, ESET kept showing me a message when I open the browser, Chrome. It shows him on the right in the middle of the page.
The message is: "Another application could be remotely accessing your computer. If you or your company are aware of this, continue as usual.
If you are uncertain please contact It admin.

Was there something stuck in the network/RDP when I entered randomly from the two computers? (within 1 day I kept logging in and out).

Or should I be worried?
In eset in the firewall I saw many Allow rules coming from our gateway.

Thank you.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Man1 said:

Then when I entered, ESET kept showing me a message when I open the browser, Chrome. It shows him on the right in the middle of the page.

The message is: "Another application could be remotely accessing your computer. If you or your company are aware of this, continue as usual.
If you are uncertain please contact It admin.

This notification appears in a secured browser when there's an active remote connection to the machine so somebody else could see what the user is typing in the secured browser.

How can I be sure, and how can I resolve this isue if somebodz entered.

• Administrators

It will be possible to disable the notification about active remote connections in the future.

Do you use ESET Endpoint or a product for home users?

Hi Marcos,

i have the same issue if i connect via RDP to my Client then i see a log about svchost.exe. I use ESET Endpoint Security.

How can i fix these issue?

I have ESET on the Client since on year without any  notification about svchost. I think the probleme persist since the last update.

Regards
Kevin

• Administrators
1 hour ago, ITDKR said:

i have the same issue if i connect via RDP to my Client then i see a log about svchost.exe. I use ESET Endpoint Security.

This is how the secure browser feature behaved since the very beginning. In the future we plan to add a setting for notifications about active remote connections when a secured browser is running.

Same "problem" here with the latest regular version of ESET Endpoint Security (11.0.2032.0).

We are happy to read that there will be an option to disable this message in the near future, as it's quite annoying to have it in front of you every time you start your browser.

ScreenShot_2024-01-16_10-33-19.png

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately the problem still exists with the latest version of ESET Endpoint Security (11.0.2044.0).

Even in this version we're unable to find a function to disable this message.
If anyone knows of a way to do this (aside from disabling the whole browser protection), we'd love to hear about it.