Eset endpoint security blocking Android Emulator on Linux

Hi, 
I have already sent a ticket to Eset about the issue. But I can't resolve it. I can provide more logs and screenshots but the issue is that I am using Android Studio and when I try to test my app on the Android Emulator as in Android Virtual Device (AVD), it doesn't start and times out. Now I have uninstalled Eset Endpoint security for linux(Ubuntu 22.04) and it works fine but I want to configure it properly. I tried finding the firewall settings in Eset Protect but they only exist for Windows version of Endpoint Security for some reason. They should include firewall settings in the Linux version too.

Regards,
Rohan Asif

• ESET Staff

Hi,

Could you please try to add Excluded IPs in Web Access Protection configuration for localhosts (127.0.0.1 & ::1)? Looks like WAP is interfering with Android Emulator local connections. There is no firewall feature in Endpoint Antivirus for linux. 

Regards,
Kurco

Hi,

I was able to get adb daemon running by using "sudo adb server" in the terminal where the adb platform-tools are installed. After that I was able to launch the virtual device emulator. But now I want to enable this command as a service on startup in Ubuntu 22.04. I'm a new linux user so I don't know how to enable startup processes.

Regards,

Rohan Asif