Win64/Packed.Themida.L

Here is another one started haunting me down. This one came up just a few mins ago as I was preparing a USB to backup my works, documents and legit files on my laptop. This sucka just popped and showed up.

I will be formatting this PC for the sake of Trojan guys argument if they were following my moves and will get back to the community here very shortly after taking my breath from jogging inside my own brain for more than 2 days ...!!!

Here is the still image of the new one, hopefully they can find some cure for these kinna anti-humanitarian behaviors 🙉

Win64.Packed.Themida.L.jpg

When you inserted the USB drive, Eset should have asked if you want to scan the drive. Did you do so? What the malware detected when Eset scanned the drive?

Otherwise, Eset detected the malware when you attempted to copy a file to the USB drive.

As far as this malware goes and based on Eset's detection here: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/e8fe0e65239c736a565c98231b0fcccd9cb58b36b4f08e0f5721c757cbbde05f/detection , it's a nasty Chinese based malware that until recently, Eset was not detecting.

12 hours ago, itman said:

When you inserted the USB drive, Eset should have asked if you want to scan the drive. Did you do so? What the malware detected when Eset scanned the drive?

Otherwise, Eset detected the malware when you attempted to copy a file to the USB drive.

As far as this malware goes and based on Eset's detection here: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/e8fe0e65239c736a565c98231b0fcccd9cb58b36b4f08e0f5721c757cbbde05f/detection , it's a nasty Chinese based malware that until recently, Eset was not detecting.

USB was fresh and clean too. Also, scanned by ESET at the same time :)

Nasty Chinese?? Tell me about them. What's not nasty about them??? Oh, well, let's not drift away from the main issue!

A friend of mine advised me to get a Trojan Remover Program. What do you think m8? Does it work when ESET can't deal with this new malware I have. Well, I had I should imply.

Since I formatted the PC I'm using now ... So far good and no popups and no disturbance by Eset to warn me of any kinds.

Thanks for the useful reply dude,