Jump to content

Blocking TikTok


Recommended Posts

I don't see any way of blocking an app from being installed on my daughter's Android phone beforehand. The list of apps to block or allow only seems to pertain to apps already installed on the phone.

 

How can I block access to TikTok via the web or from being installed from the app store without blocking the entire app store altogether?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

You can install the desuired application and then block it. As for blocking urls, you can enter them in the list of inappropriate websites or block the desired category.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Marcos said:

You can install the desuired application and then block it. As for blocking urls, you can enter them in the list of inappropriate websites or block the desired category.

Yes, that would work, but it's kind of clunky. It would be far better to be able to type in the app name and block before installation. I would only know after the fact that my daughter installed and used an app we don't approve of.

 

Thank you for the quick response.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
15 minutes ago, Bogey62 said:

Yes, that would work, but it's kind of clunky. It would be far better to be able to type in the app name and block before installation. I would only know after the fact that my daughter installed and used an app we don't approve of.

The name of the app doesn't say anything about it. An app to view TikTok videos may not have anything like that it the name.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Marcos said:

The name of the app doesn't say anything about it. An app to view TikTok videos may not have anything like that it the name.

I see your point. Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...