ESET will not run in Safe Mode

It should not be this hard to make your software work in safemode…   I've went through all the forums about how to do it and none of the command lines that have been given work.  There is no up to date step-by-step in your help section on how EXACTALLY to accomplish this.

This is the path to my ecls file....

c:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Security\ecls.exe

This is the command I'm using in safe mode(with networking) command prompt(running as administrator).....

"c:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Security\ecls.exe" /base-dir="c:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Security" /auto /log-file=c:\ecls.txt /aind

This is what it says when I try to use the command ….

ECLS Command-line scanner, version 12.1.34.0, (C) 1992-2019 ESET, spol. s r.o.
Scanner initialization failed.

Please make your software more user friendly, we shouldn't have to type massive commands to search all our files for problems in 2019, and I really don't want to hear about how I don't need safe mode, ANY FILE IN YOUR COMPUTER CAN BECOME COMPROMISED.... and safe mode is the only way to scan the files which cannot be scanned in normal mode.

Edited by SnowdeninRussia

• Administrators

1, Do not use the base-dir argument.
2, Do not create a log in the root of the C driver.

Running c:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Security\ecls.exe c:\ should suffice.

Or you can simply run ecls.exe if the current folder is "ESET Security".

Thanks for the response Marcos.  

You say Running c:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Security\ecls.exe c:\ should suffice.  That is not a recognizable command....

Could you please spell out the exact command I should enter?

You also said simply running ecls.exe will work if the current folder is eset security.... again lack of definite answer here but I assume you mean going to the folder and opening ecls.exe from that location which also does not work as has been stated before by another poster....

I simply want the command to make this thing work.

I tried that command and it does not work for me, however I was able to run the program using this line..

"c:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Security\ecls.exe" /auto

Thanks again, I really appreciate your responsiveness and willingness to continue chatting Marcos.