Where are the firewall logs hidden ?

The title says it all.

Especially where can i find a log of all blocked network traffic or even an option to enable such a thing ?

I am not talking about the advanced logging.

How am i supposed to troubleshoot network issues or check my firewall ruleset, when there are no firewall logs ???

I distinctly recall those logs existed in previous version.

• Administrators

For the purpose of troubleshooting firewall issues with blocked communication, there is a firewall troubleshooting wizard. You can also temporarily enable diagnostic logging which will log all blocked communication, however, remember to change the verbosity back to informative as soon as you finish the troubleshooting, otherwise it will cause logs to grow quickly and it will have adverse effect on performance as well.

Just tried this with firewall in policy based mode.

Started an application there is definately no firewall rule for.

Network traffic for this application was blocked.

The troubleshooting wizard shows 2 blocked events, one for the application itself and one for the contacted remote ip.

Oddly there are NO corresponding entries in ANY of the logs, although the docs suggest this is the place to look for.

A bug or do i have to enable some option somewhere else ?

Anyway, i can work with this for now.

Thanks.

Edited by qm2014
grammar

• Administrators
1 minute ago, qm2014 said:

Oddly there are NO corresponding entries in ANY of the logs, although the docs suggest this is the place to look for.

Are you positive that you enabled diagnostic verbosity?

image.png

Logging verbosity was on default 'Informative'.

After changing the setting to 'Diagnostic' a new event showed up in the network log.

Thanks for your help.