Version 7 upgrade preparation

guyb

Hi,

I'm preparing the upgrade of ERA and Endpoint Antivirus 6.5 to version 7. We currently use a mirror of Endpoint Antivirus 6.5 which updates all clients. If I update this to version 7 (after updating ERA to ESMC). Will this updated machine be able to update our remaining 6.5 antivirus versions? I know this was not possible with 6.6 mirrors but I'm hoping this will work 7. Deploying a proxy is overkill for us.

Guy

• Administrators

Endpoint 6.6 creates 2 mirrors both for older versions (up to EP6.5 and for EP6.6+). EPv7 update files are same as EPv6.6 ones but EPv7 may receive newer modules earlier than EP6.6. We recommend creating a v7 mirror after you upgrade to v7 all EP6.6 clients.

OK, thanks for the update. So can you confirm the correct sequence is: upgrade ERA 6.5 to ESMC, upgrade the agent of the endpoint 6.5 mirror machine to version 7, upgrade endpoint 6.5 to 7 on the mirror machine. All remaining 6.5 clients should be able to use this upgraded version 7 mirror and can be then be upgraded gradually to version 7.