Moving client to a new server and getting it to talk!

Hi All

I'm fairly new to dealing with ESET but I'm having a bit of an issue currently.

Essentially, we used to have the management server installed using the old Linux appliance. This server has essentially died - it is in a state whereby its not accessible and I can't seem to rescue it.

We have built a new management server on Windows now and its up and running. It can see active directory and all's happy and ready for me to start getting clients to talk to it.

I have tried the following, all without any sucess

• I've created the msi and .ini file for the agent installer and run this on a client. It installs the new version of the agent (going from 6.3 to 6.5) but does not update the management server settings or certificate.
  • I've tried the same thing with a transform file (.mst) and have the same result - new client, not updated server settings or certificate
  • I've tried deploying the agent to clients from the management console using a server task. This seems to run and tells me it ran successfully and, sure enough, its installed the new version of the agent on the client, but, it hasn't updated the certificate so the client is still not talking to the server.
  • The one thing that has worked was running a repair of an agent on a client. During this process you can enter details for a server and, more importantly, you can point it to a certificate which i had to download from the server and store locally.

Being that running a repair did work, I was wondering if there was a way i could script the repair, putting in the command to point to the correct server and the correct certificate? If this was possible (IE: msiexec /f "agent_x64.msi"..............) I could then stick it in a batch file and deploy it using SCCM.

Any and all help/suggestions/advice would be very much appreciated!

• Administrators

I've created the msi and .ini file for the agent installer and run this on a client. It installs the new version of the agent (going from 6.3 to 6.5) but does not update the management server settings or certificate.

If an older version of the ERA Agent is installed, you'll need to run the installer twice. The first time it will upgrade Agent from v6.3 to 6.5 and the second time it will update the configuration.