NOD32 v7.x Worries

RNFolsom

I am currently running NOD32 6.0.316.0 on a 64-bit Win7sp1 laptop.  I have received the notice that NOD32 v7.x is now available.  The download instructions here (hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2476) indirectly say that the v7 download will automatically replace earlier NOD32 versions 5.x and 6.x; users do not have to uninstall their current version first.

Elsewhere on this site (hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN401&viewlocale=en_US) was the information that in v7.x the code --- presumably for 64-bit computers --- contains a mix of 64-bit and 32-bit code.  That's fine with me.  But it doesn't assure me that the download instructions (link in my first paragraph) for a 64-bit computer will download and install the right package.

I am GUESSING  that the download instructions will figure out whether a computer is 64-bit or 32-bit, so that the downloaded and installed file will be the correct one.  But I don't like having to guess.  The directions should clearly state that before the download and installation occurs, the process will note whether the computer is 64-bit or 32-bit (assuming my guess is true!), and download and install the correct file.

Another issue is that historically (I started with NOD32 when it was version 2.x), instead of an online-controlled download and installation, my practice for installing versions 4.x, 5.x, and 6.x has been to download an entire installation file, and then install it manually.  I would like to do that when I upgrade from NOD32 v6 to v7.  But I don't see an obvious Eset NOD32 place to download a complete installation file.

Is that option no longer available?

R.N. (Roger) Folsom

Edited by RNFolsom

• Administrators

There are two options on the download page for each of the products: Live Installer (a small installation file that runs on both x86 and x64 Windows and will download the appropriate msi file itself) and Offline installer which will download the msi file for the selected operating system.