Antivirus protection is non-functional

Hello,

So i turned on my computer to see a box in the corner of my screen saying "a serious application error occurred". When i clicked on it it brought me to the home screen of the Eset , and on the home screen with red it said the "Antivirus protection is non-functional". I am very confused and do not know what to do i looked it up but only things regarding firewalls came up. I am currently running a computer scan to see if any malware or something of the nature is causing this. Please help, i am not very smart with how all this stuff works.

• Administrators

If the issue persists after uninstalling ESS and installing ESS or EIS v10 from scratch, gather logs with ESET Log Collector and provide me with the output in a personal message.

• 2 weeks later...

I just had the same thing happen to me today. I manually updated my virus definitions and it solved the problem. Prior to this I rebooted my machine twice. For some reason the virus definitions never auto downloaded like normal. On the second boot, I noticed that eset wasn't checking for any new definitions automatically, That's when I initiated a manual check, then the error went away. I'll post if it does it again in the future.