Hey all - 

I am just starting to dive into Task creation for devices i will be managing. I noticed one of my servers is presently listed as having out of date virus signature updates. I scheduled a task to update that. As you can see from the screenshot it failed. OR so i think this is the same task i just ran - it's hard to say without the time/date of occurrence. When I got to Edit Columns i can only remove the current columns not add a new one. Is there a reason why this is not considered incredibly valuable when reviewing task executions for clients? And am I missing a step here perhaps to getting that?

ESET ^.PNG

Edited by Jessraea

• ESET Staff

This will be added in the upcoming release of ERA 6.5 (that will happen in two weeks).

If the update is failing, I would recommend to troubleshoot that locally. You can click on the task entry, show history, and check the trace message, which might shade more light into the problem. Most probably, the client won´t be able to connect to ESET Update Servers.

Thanks Michal. It looks like the trace message says "Task failed in the security product." I only found one other post with that error noted and I am not sure where that leaves me. Is this relating to a license issue for this client?

• ESET Staff

Based on the trace message, I would recommend to troubleshoot the update issue locally, on the affected client. Try to update manually. If the client is normally activated, it should not be the problem. Most probably the network is not configured in the way, that ESET product has access to the update servers. But the particular error message on the client should be able to tell you more. 

This KB article should be able to tell you more, based on the errors you would get: http://support.eset.com/kb2850/?locale=en_EN&segment=business