Start from scratch on new 6.4 Appliance

Hello,

We started on 6.2 and have updated through to 6.4, but our appliance appears to be fundamentally broken. The management console does not have any of the option to rejoin the domain, factory reset, change the password, etc. I've attached a screen shot. The result of all of this is that static group syncs do not work and can't authenticate against the domain. In fact, the keystore seems to indicate that the certificates just stopped renewing in December and are expired.

We've rolled out the agent and client to all of our hosts, and I'm wondering how difficult it would be to migrate those hosts to a new ERA appliance. I don't care about the historical data since we've never had an active infection. Is this possible?

Thanks!

screenshoteset1.jpg

screenshoteset2.jpg

The option to rejoin domain/factory reset etc only appears in the 6.4 version of the appliance. If you only did component upgrade task and upgrade ERA in the original 6.2 appliance to 6.4, the appliance itself(i.e. all the non-ERA components, including that console menu) still won't be updated.

You can follow the steps below to migrate your current appliance to the latest version:

hxxp://support.eset.com/kb5725/?viewlocale=en_US

I'm attempting the appliance migration route, but Step 5 (service eraserver stop) fails because that service doesn't exist.

Should I just bring up the new appliance and use the database import as mentioned in this article:
https://help.eset.com/era_deploy_va/64/en-US/index.html?pull_db_from_other_server.htm

Performed the upgrade from a newly deployed appliance and it worked great. 
https://help.eset.com/era_deploy_va/64/en-US/index.html?pull_db_from_other_server.htm

After updating the tasks to just use the admin name without the domain in front, the tasks completed successfully. Case closed!