ERAS v4.0 Can't install

Guest Justin Dube

Guest Justin Dube

Started an install but had to kill the process, seems it hung up; now I can't reinstall since it says an install is in process and I must finish; I have killed all process's I could find relating to it; removed the reg entries I could fine; and flushed temp folders; no luck. The system hosts a SAN environment so I can't reboot it

Hello Justin Dube,

First, please stop any msiexec.exe process running on the machine. When you are looking at the processes on the machine, ensure you are viewing the processes from all users.

Next, please see the steps in the following Knowledgebase article to remove all files and registry entries associated with Remote Administrator:

Uninstalling ESET Remote Administrator manually

Finally, please ensure you are installing the latest version of Remote Administrator. Installing the latest version of the software will ensure maximum compatability with your operating system. In addition, Remote Administrator is backwards-compatible with older versions of our client software. For instructions how to install Remote Administrator, with direct download links to the lastest version of the software, please see the following Knowledgebase article:

How do I install ESET Remote Administrator and configure a Mirror server? (5.x)

Thank you,

ChadH