Endpoint Antivirus 6 complaining about disabled HIPS

brummel

Anyone else seeing this?

I have enabled sending of emails from endpoint antivirus 6 and every now and then but at least 4 times a day I receive emails with the following text:

"During execution of  on the computer xxx, the following event occurred: Fehler bei der Kommunikation mit dem Treiber. HIPS ist inaktiv."

Installed is the latest version 6.2227 in german language and all ESET services are running happily. Nothing special in the windows event logs.

This will happen most likely after a reboot of the systems (Windows 7 64 bit German) but it ocurres during the day too.

Regards,

Brummel

• Administrators

Hello,

was this a clean install or upgrade from Endpoint v5? If the latter, could you try uninstalling v6 and installing it from scratch?

After reinstalling v6 it looks like the false alerts about HIPS do no longer appear. No false alerts till now.

Is there any other way to fix this or do I have to uninstall and reinstall v6 on all clients which were updated from v5 to v6?

• Administrators

Uninstalling v6 and installing it from scratch is easier than enabling a specific setting and modifying a registry value in safe mode which would work too.

Deploying a registry setting per GPO would be much easier than uninstalling, rebooting and installing.

Nearly all of the clients of mulitple customers have this problem as I had updated from v5 to v6.

Would be nice to have the information what setting/registry key needs to be modified to decide which way is easier.