Cybersecurity 8 MacOs Séquoia communication error

daspolfo

Hi,

I've another bug sometimes I boot up my Mac.
When macos starts, if I wait for the ESET icon to load and then click on "show Eset Cyber Security" (to access the interface), from time to time nothing happens and it displays the error “Communication error”. I have to restart Macos again to get everything back to normal. Note that this happens to me on my macbook pro AND on my mac mini (Cybersecurity latest version 8.2.800.0).

If someone have the same problem 🙂

How did you go after the reinstall as I'm having the same issue?   Just started today.

It also says it has not been updated since 1/1/1970.  🤷‍♀️

Edited by Kazzz63

For the moment, all fine on the two machines  - except the name of the machines in license which did not come up correctly and which I had to rename by hand in ESET Home (but that's another problem) - 
I will say here if all stay ok 😉 (it was random on boot).

• ESET Staff

It's hard to help without more details. If issue still persist please raise a support ticket. We need logs collected by ESET log collector to be able to analyze it.

If such think happens, clean installation could help. But look in the system logs if there is any crash log from ESET services. If yes, it is the root of the problem. Crash logs are also collected by collector so you do not need to handle them separately.

Thanks a lot! I will see tomorrow, but today no problem at all after clean install.

I will come back tomorrow to give some news and see the logs if necessary.

Hi, no error today in same configuration. The clean install seems to be the solution.
If the problem come back, I will post the logs and infos 😉