Antivirus keeps detecting the same files even after I instruct it to Ignore. Also auto deletion of detections not authorized.

After initial scan, notifications keep popping up with same detections that I previously instructed the program to ignore, even with the bottom 2 checkboxes enabled that I believe said something like (paraphrasing) "exclude (or ignore) this (file) or (application)" and  "exclude (or ignore) this (signature?)".  At least 4 times the same files were detected (and interrupting me) even after I said to ignore and remember.

Also I don't like the auto delete (or clean) of my files and programs without permission.  I hate having to manually answer every detection, but if I have to do it to preserve my programs, I expect to only have to do it once, and not be asked continually regarding the same files or programs.  Also if it's going to notify me in the corner, I should be able to click the notification and bring up the application interface and instruct the program how to deal with detection, not have it fade away while it's deleting my stuff.

All IMHO, of course.

• Administrators

Couldn't it be that the files were detected in c:\documents and settings and c:\users? The former is a junction point that points to the latter so both need to be excluded.

Please provide logs collected with ESET Log Collector.

It's possible, but it's been days and days and it still keeps finding the same files.  The log files just show the detections from the first days scans, so they must just be telling me about the same ones.

I Also get constantly reminded about the same changes to the start menu.  It's getting kind of annoying.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Martian said:

It's possible, but it's been days and days and it still keeps finding the same files.  The log files just show the detections from the first days scans, so they must just be telling me about the same ones.

Please provide logs collected with ESET Log Collector should files be detected after creating a detection exclusions.

1 hour ago, Martian said:

I Also get constantly reminded about the same changes to the start menu.  It's getting kind of annoying.

Not sure what you mean without a screenshot, please post one if it happens with this setting in the advanced HIPS setup disabled:

image.png

Sending log files.

I can try that fix you suggested, but I do like to know if something is messing with my start menu.

Waiting to catch screenshot.  Of course it won't do it when I want it to.   I'm sending log files now, I will send screenshot later.

Thanks for your help

essp_logs.zip

• Administrators

As I assumed, you have the above setting in the advanced HIPS setup enabled. Please disable it which should stop the notifications from popping up.